Thursday, September 29, 2005

Interview

So, I didnt over prepare for this interview and in some ways I felt a little calmer about it. I slobbed around in my pj's up until about 10 as I saw no point in dressing twice. I then carefully got my suit out and shoved it on. I was in shock as to how business like I looked, it did wonders for making me look thin too! I was having huge dilemas as to whether the two buttons should be open or shut. I opted for the shut as it held in my tummy!

When my cab arrived he commented on my outfit and said "you look like you mean business" we had a chat whilst I was sat in the back which was nice. It took my mind and nerves off the whole thing. He used to own his own business and gave me some little tricks. He was very complementory and said I was a really smiley, chatty, personable kind of girl who people would warm too quickly which made me feel really good actually. I don't want to sound like I have an ego cuz really, trust me, I don't but I know I am not crap, I know I have lots to offer and I know I am really great with people I wish somebody would just give me an effing chance.

The interview itself was fine, went in there all business like, selling myself left, right and centre and did't seem phased by any of the questions......I left feeling "I just dont have a clue". I asked her how many applied she said 80 but they were only interviewing 3, wish I got it. I sometimes fantasize in my head about somebody calling me up and saying "just thought we would let you know, we would like to offer you the job". The feelings of elation must be amazing....I miss not working SO, SO, SO much.

4 Comments:

Blogger BloggingMone said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger BStrong said...

I like your blog. I hope things go your way. Since bloggingmone has her fingers crossed, I'll cross my toes.

Cheers,
B

8:34 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I will too, keep my fingers crossed for you! Good Luck LWS!

8:59 PM  
Blogger L^2 said...

Hi,

I Just wanted to say thanks for the comment on my blog the other day. It's nice to find a blog from another guide dog user.

Good luck on the job!

- L-squared and Leader Dog Willow

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home